Saturday, July 22, 2006

So yeah. It’s nearing. The end of life. The beginning of life. It’s all about to come crashing down. In a few months, I will be finished with school. I will have my college degree, a little intelligence and a whole lot of debt. Can’t wait!

This summer has been a crazy one, of course. Driving to Savannah three days a week for the internship, and then going down Friday and Saturday for promotions stuff is no joke. My poor car is falling apart. There’s no a/c, the bumper is still coming off, the front headlight is out, the driver window is sticking to the frame or whatever and is becoming difficult to roll down, did I mention I have no a/c? But, the car will hold together, well it has to. I’ll probably have it for another two or three years.

Speaking of the internship, it has been great. I’ve learned tons this summer, more than I thought I would. There is so much involved in radio. Just when you think you have learned a lot, the next day someone will throw a curve ball and you realize that you haven’t even begun to scratch the surface.

We did a test morning show yesterday. It went really well. Jamie and I mentioned to each other that it felt weird not having Joe there. I hope it all comes together when he’s in the picture. I think we will have a good show.

Gosh, this post feels so mundane and ho hum. There’s some more stuff I wanted to hit up, but I didn’t want to have a whole pity party blog entry.

Through my therapy sessions this summer, I have come to a great deal of understanding of why I do some things and why I react to situations the way I do. I’ve always known this and may have written about it in the past, but I’m super jealous/envious of some people. It could be money, relationships, families, intelligence, looks, and a whole host of issues. I just don’t want to get into what got me thinking about all this tonight. I’m still a little bitter, but I really have no reason to be. Don’t you hate those situations you are removed from, but you can’t help but to feel passionately about what’s happening from afar? Make any sense? Probably not. It could have been fun…

I’m out.

Good day!