Thursday, August 03, 2006

Most people who talk to me know I always joke about the weight that I have gained since I have been in school. Sometimes I’m serious about it, sometimes I joke just to make people laugh – or try to make them laugh.

Today I heard someone saying something about a person and their weight. (Talk about being vague!) I don’t know why, but the comment they said just bothered me. It wasn’t anything mean, but it just showed the shallowness of our society. I’m technically a little over weight, but I just look like a need to lay off a few hamburgers. I can’t imagine what people must go through who are truly overweight. The more I think about it, the more disgusted I get with the way we treat people and what we define beauty as in the U.S. I’m just sad over all for the state of where we are as a people. I talked to my therapist last week and he explained that I sometimes I let myself get too attached or involved with people or situations before I even get really involved. He was referring to the romantic side of my life. I can see this happening. I take each rejection so personally that it really starts to get to me after a while. I can’t stop feeling as if I can’t take it personally. I’m just too sensitive to things that happen in life. I try not to be, but I can’t help it. Eh. I’m just writing now, not really saying anything.

I have a friend who is going through drama with a past flame. Well, it’s more than a flame, it’s a love. I don’t really understand why they keeping coming back together. But after I talked with them, I couldn’t help but think about love and exactly what it means to people. As I’ve gotten older and seen my friends in more adult relationships, I see the crap that people have to put up with from the other person. I get so easily annoyed or offended by people, I sometimes wonder how I would react in the situations I see my friends in. Relationships are work. There’s another person you have to deal with. Another person with a set of beliefs, a way of driving, eating, talking, sleeping, everything…and you have to mesh with that person to become one in a relationship. HA!

Kori and I move in tomorrow…awesome.

Good day!