Monday, February 28, 2011

This job of morning radio can be grueling. I don't think unless you wake up at 4am every day can someone truly understand how it wrecks your body. It's easy to lose focus on why I do what I do. I dreamed and worked so hard to do morning radio and sometimes I completely forget why.

Here's a great e-mail I recevived from a listener that reminds me why I love my job:

fromm@BLANK.com
tomiguel@island106.com
dateTue, Feb 15, 2011 at 8:26 AM
subjectThanks!!




Hi, Miguel!

I have been intending to email you for a while and am just now getting around to it. I was listening a while back when they were replaying older segments. They happened to play the "If you really knew me you'd know..." and you were talking about your struggles with weight. I listened to this and cried all the way to work, my heart really went out to you.

As the day went on I thought more and more about what you had said and how I really felt the same way. I am always the "funny one" or I hear "but your face is so pretty" and God knows living here I am not nearly as comfortable in swimsuits and shorts as I should be to participate or even enjoy things in the summer time with my friends. I realized how completely tired of feeling that way I really was and that I needed to take control and change things! I am a single parent and I need to be 100% healthy and happy and convey these things to my daughter so that she will grow up to be healthy and happy with herself as well.

I went January 3rd and joined Resolutions Weight Loss in town and renewed my rarely utilized membership at Golds Gym. I have since taken my diet and exercise very seriously and had very few "cheats" or lazy days where I was not in the gym or active. I have lost 22 pounds now and I have to you thank for that! I have a long way to go but I feel so much better already! Thank you so much for being so open, honest and all around FABULOUS!

Best Regards,
Memory