Monday, May 15, 2006

A little self-deprecation is needed every now and then. Some, like myself, find every moment of the day to divulge in the joys of beating oneself down. Well, this past week, I did not need to make myself feel like a fat whore, I had other people to do it. Now, this stuff if funny, like, not laugh out loud funny, but, “OMG, I’m Sorry” type funny. I laughed at least.

Last week was a major break for me. School was finally over. The “Graduation Station Coverage” was over for the commencement ceremonies of the class of 2006—Governor Perdue was the keynote speaker. Early in the morning Mr. Scott called up to the radio station. It was nice to know he was listening, I wish I had had the chance to talk with him. But I digress. Like every year, the end of the school year was busy, like super human I’m Superman on speed busy. And then. It Stops. Last Sunday, everything was done. Grades were turned in; people had packed their bags, and gotten out of town. So of course, like any crazy human being, instead of resting and taking this nice week off between spring semester and summer classes to rest and relax, I lock myself into my apartment and marinate over how depressing my life is, even though it’s not THAT pathetic. I figure this is the perfect time to bring back the lists!

Things I did that I would only do in situations like these:
-Watched like 282288948 movies, or more like three or four, hell I don’t know! I watched a lot of movies…I actually have new movie favorites now.
-New favorite movies: The Family Stone (LOVED that movie. Actually I wanted to write a nice blog post after I watched it, but it’s another movie I watched at six in the morning and was way to tired to type anything about it) and Shopgirl. Shopgirl is the Steve Martin movie. Actually really good. I don’t think they marketed it right for some reason. I thought it was going to be another hooky date movie—possibly a creepy date movie with Claire Danes and Steve Martin as lovers—but it actually turned out to be a very lovely movie.
-Um, made some bad judgment decisions in the boy department.
àSOO…this guy Scott, who I totally liked a while back and thought something could happen has blown and brushed me off two times. I went back each time like a lap dog. The last time, I sent a very passive aggressive e-mail and thought everything was done. OH NO! You would have thought I had a bottle of merlot with me or something! I dug up Scott’s phone number and sent him a text message that said, ‘Hey, how are you?” He sent one back with a smiley face. (OKKAAYYYY) So I send one back saying, “So what have you been up to?” He sends a text back asking, “Who is this?” I respond, “This is Miguel, do you remember me?” He shatters my fractured self-esteem by answering, “No.” Low point number 50 last week.
-So, I’ll admit it. I’m back on some of the gay personals site. Who cares, whatever. So I’m on one of the sites and I see someone interesting. I message them by saying “Hi.” They respond with a resounding, “Bye.” Ouch. Like, I’m just going to walk on over to the courthouse and jump off. All I could do was laugh. I picked up my wounded ego and said back, “Ouch, thanks, good one!” And then I promptly signed off. Love life.

So, I think I’ll walk away from this week with a better of understanding of what I should NOT do when time off from school comes around. I need to find better things to do with my time.

My internship starts next week: YAY! Gas money is way too expensive so I won’t be eating all summer: BOO! But I will lose weight: YAY!

Good day!