Friday, May 02, 2008

Time for a little lamenting...

Spring time brings out the best and worst in people. Or me.

On one hand I LOVE Spring weather...Fall is still my favorite...I love the chilly mornings and warm, sunny afternoons when spring arrives.

But I HATE the bugs and creepy crawly things that come out.

In the Spring, my sexual kitten (???) comes out and I'm ready to pounce. As everyone and their mother's know, I've kept that kitten hidden in a closet and made sure to bolt up the door for the past two years...TWO YEARS...since the kitten was released. And here I sit, another night chit chatting with friends but the entire time, having several gay personals sites open in the background. I'm waiting for that glorifying moment when my Macbook beeps at me and informs his master that there is a message waiting for him at gay.com...but alas, no such beep ever comes. Like. Never.

I don't know why, but my picture and profile has never garnered much attention from guys online. But I have friends who put up a half naked shot of themselves and they can't even log onto the site because their inbox is full of twinks ready to have their grass plowed. Whatever. As I wrote to a friend on AIM tonight...

"I would just like for once for an attractive guy to be interested in me so I can at LEAST entertain the idea of having someone to date"

I feel like I'm so far from even the THOUGHT of having someone that half the time, I don't even think about it any more. But spring arrives and rears it's ugly head and now I'm ready to mate and do as the monkeys do. Whatever that may be...

But GOSH DARN IT, I'M TWENTY TWO AND I WANT A BOYFRIEND! There, I said it! In my most childish, bratty voice, I'm proclaiming what I've been saying in my head forever, but in the past year or so, never wanted to put it into writing. I want someone to love me and I want to love them. Is that too much to ask?!

Ugh...so much more to go into, but I'm spent for the day. SO ready for bed.

Until next time...