Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Today is a great day; no it’s a wonderful day. Why you ask? Well guess who lost seven pounds in one week? That would be me thank you very much! I’ve been on this program to become a healthier eater, and it’s been working! I’m so excited…I hope seven more come off this next week. I just really have to keep working at it.
 
So…this past week many things happened, it’s not terribly exciting, but it is life. Sunday night was the season finale of ‘Queer as Folk.’ It was awesome! I think the show has had more “Oh my God I can’t believe they did that” season finales, but this one was good in its own right. I especially liked the very last scene between Ben and Michael. As I posted last week, they were married in the last episode… they were wed in Canada. But when they tried to get back in the states the idiotic border patrol officer wouldn’t let them in with one sign in paper, or something like that.  His reasoning? “The United States doesn’t recognize marriage between gays.” Fuck you, bitch (1st F bomb). BUT like I was saying before, the last scene had Michael and Ben in the bed together, Michael couldn’t sleep. He nudges Ben to wake him up. He then questions Ben about the realness of their “marriage.” Ben goes into this spill about how it doesn’t matter and blah blah…the best part, the part that I thought was SO symbolic and kick ass was the very last shot…their, um, doing “it” and they are holding their hands with both of their wedding bans on their fingers, the camera zooms in on just the two manly hands together with the bans on, and the shot fades to white. To me it seemed like a big “Fuck you” (2nd F bomb) to all the people who discredit gay marriages. Thank you ‘Queer as Folk’ for stating the obvious like no one else can.
 
Ok, sorry you had to read through all of that if you did…I had to write it all out, I’ve been thinking about that all day.
 
Summer school is wrapping up…THANK GOD! We have two weeks of class and then a week of finals. I can’t WAIT for summer school to be over. It has been so stressful. Every time I turn around there’s another freaking test! THREEWEEKS! But then I only get two weeks between summer and spring semester. But I plan on coming back to Atlanta…I’ll be there for a week, I’ll then return to Douglas the week after that. I have to come back early since I’m an RA. Yay for me.
 
WDMG. Things have been fun there these past couple of weeks. Today they had me come in and do some extra work since the secretary had to go to the Doctor. About a week ago they had me working the board for the weekly sports talk show. I was honored that they would even let me do that. Well the person who normally works the board has cd’s of music that he uses for the intros and outros of the show; well since he wasn’t there they didn’t have any music for the show. Well guess who had his CDs handy in his car to use? Me me me! Guess what cd I used for this South Georgia sports talk show….none other than my Queer As Folk cd!!! HA HA! They all liked the music and complimented me on my music taste. Thank you very much. Well they probably wouldn’t care where the music came from…I just thought it was funny.
 
Hmm… anything else going on? OH…tomorrow they (radio station) have me going to one of the polling places here in South Georgia and doing a live remote letting the audience know the results from that particular polling location. I’m so excited…this will be my very first live gig on the air. I hope I don’t mess up! It’s going to be so funny to imagine myself standing their trying to be a “real” journalist. HA!
 
Well that’s about it for me, nothing else to report on. I’m sure I’ll have lots to write about for next week… a lot is happening this week, but nothing to exciting.
 
Yay. (2 F bombs)