Saturday, March 05, 2005

So I’m sitting at the local coffee shop trying to be introspective and stuff. I figure I spend so much time by myself working on the newspaper or in my room watching CNN, I should probably get out and be around strangers at the coffee shop, but of course that’s not the case. As soon as I walked in, I saw that I was surrounded by friends, which I didn’t mind. But there’s just that anonymity that I miss about Atlanta. I can get in my car when I'm in Atlanta, drive, and in about 30 minutes or so, be somewhere where I know I won’t see anyone I know. How nice. But then again, it is kind of comforting to go to a place where they know your name. So that was like a total random paragraph.

Tonight was the last performance of the show—I think it was the best. A lot had to do with the audience. The theatre was packed with people, and they actually got the jokes in the play. I was happy for all the actors in the play. I liked directing, but I don’t think I would do it often. There is so much to be done. Luckily my cast didn’t need much direction from me, and Jake and Alicia pretty much did the set, not much was required of me.

Ya know, I’m really ready for the school year to be over. I have this sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach. It happens when big change is about to come to my life, and it is. In 6 months, I will be in a whole new environment, with new people, new classes, new Professors, basically, I’ll be at the bottom again. That doesn’t scare me though; it’s actually a comforting thought for me. In my mind, it’s a reminder that life goes on, life never stops. No matter how hard you fight, how hard you want to change; life will forever go on, with or without you. I love that thought. Today is another, a clean slate in a sense. Going along with this thought, I have this feeling that when I “grow up,” I’m going to be a loner. I always have this overwhelming feeling to just be alone and let my mind wonder. I think I really am random. All these thoughts pop into my mind as I’m thinking. You know what’s sad? I try to slightly control my randomness in my blog—if I were to actually write down everything that I thought in about a five minute time frame, it would be chaos written down. Scary.

Well this joint is about to shut down, I’m going back to my dorm to finish up my soapbox column for the newspaper and get some shut eye.

Good day!