Saturday, April 23, 2005

The following is a message from Jessica, a very near and dear friend from middle school and high school. She posted this message about me on her blog. I would like to thank her for the kind words - she almost got ME to CRY. WOW...

Friday, April 15, 2005

My Sweetest, Truest, Bluest, Gay Best Friend....
Current mood: nostalgic

Dear Readers,
Tonight as I was wondering around aimlessly on MySpace I found myself clicking on the photo of a dear friend of mine. Only to find how lovely and divine his new layout looked, (it's fabulous dear, truly). And I found myself immersed in all the pictures and the posts and the blog. I just wanted to say how much I love him and miss him. Our visits with each other have become very few and far between. Which saddens me to a great extent. I left the florescent lit hallways of RHS nearly 4 years ago only to go to another school in which I dropped out and got my GED. Being that he lived not exactly close, and neither of us having a car or a liscense, seeing each other was a possibility that was limited. But tonight looking at his pictures and seeing that big, familar, comforting smile I was reminded of how much happiness one person can bring into someones life without even trying. From 7th grade, defending his straightness to fellow classmates, only to be proven wrong Senior year, to proudly supporting his election to be class treasurer with a certain pink-wearing-annoying-laughing girl, to parading around Junior prom together, the only inter-racial couple there not allegedy dating (how scandolous!), to learning on Christmas Eve his actual sexual prefrence, to graduation, then off to college, and whimsical conversations full of laughter, BIG cases of nostaliga (well, maybe only on my end....) and everyday news to catch up in each others lives. Thinking about all this, just makes me realize how much I miss him and love him and don't tell him often enough. I just wanted to let him know in my own way that though we defnatly do not keep up to date with each other as much as we used to, he is a bigger part of my life than he knows. Some of my best memories from school were created with him by myside and that infectious laugh ringing in my ear. And many the times when I needed a shoulder to cry on or a soul to confide in, he fit the bill in a way not even my closests girlfriends could. Now he's off at school, being a big shot editor for the school newspaper and making loads of friends and succeding in life and doing all the things he talked about doing when we were in school. I admire him so much for the great tasks he has accomplished. He has a drive and determination unlike no one else I have met. When he sets his mind to something, by Gayness it gets done! And he's always willing to lend any body part, (some body parts to certain people *wink wink nudge nudge*) mainly an ear or a shoulder when needed and giving advice the best only way he knows how to give it. No one else has walked in his shoes but him, and very seldom have I ever heard or seen him complain about where he's come from and who he's turned out to be so far.
You my friend, are an amazing and magnificent person.
I love you with all my heart just for being you. For being the only person you know how to be. I just wanted to let you know.
I love you Miguel and you will always be a part of my life. (Wether you like it or not :P)

The Only White Girl You'll Ever TRULY Love,
Jessica

PS: I look forward to having many inter-racial babies with you and letting them reek much havoc on the poor, innocent civilians of Roswell. Mahahaha.

********
This was my reply:
WOW - I don't know what to say. I think you actually have me speechless (which we all know NEVER happens). Those were SUCH kind words, and I do thank you. Gosh, is that a tear I feel? You might have made me cry! GURLLLLL!!! AWWWWLLL, and I do love you also. I do remember the good ole' times spent at the schools of Roswell. Mrs. Winter's class 7th grade (I still can't do math!!) to Mr. Allen's English Class - INDENT DAMMNIT! Those were the days, and I guess I do have a way delivering news - on Christmas Eve. Gotta love it! THANK you for the kind words Miss Thang!

Love ya!
~~Miguel

Posted by Miguel on Saturday, April 23, 2005 at 8:17 PM
****************

THANK YOU GURL!