Monday, May 02, 2005

I’ve spent some time looking through past entries on this old thing. I sound like a really depressed or angry individual. Weird. I think in the past two years I have grown a lot. I think I am just now starting to grow emotionally. Meaning, I’m not so whiney about not having a boyfriend. I think that’s one of the main personality quirks I have that makes me feel embarrassment. But then again, that is what the college experience is about – growing and becoming a better person.

Last week was fun and stressful—like most weeks have been for me at SGC. The newspaper was a constant mainstay every night. I think I slept a total of 5 hours last week, really. The Pegasus, the literary magazine for the school decided they wanted to publish in the newspaper instead of having their own separate publication. Cool, love the idea. I just didn’t know it would take me another day to work on just that. I thought it would be simple, but they had long prose pieces they wanted to include, so that pushed me going to press back to Saturday night. But alas, my last edition of the The South Georgian, as me being Editor In Chief is done. Ahhh, relief, but now I wonder what my next project will be. This summer will be weird for me – I’ve spent two years worrying and coming up with ideas for a newspaper, now I have nothing to worry about. Goodness – what will I do with my time? Hmmm, maybe sleep!!

Speaking of what I will do – I never heard back from Q100 or the Secretary of State’s office about the internships. I guess I didn’t get them. I’ll try to call Q100 at least tomorrow to see what the hold up is. But, it looks like another summer at Barnes & Noble awaits me.

The Gay-Straight Alliance had its first ‘Field Day’ this past Friday. Lot’s of fun was had. We had about 70 people come through and enjoy in the festivities. We had hamburgers, hotdogs, chips, and sodas. I even let Jake and Catie take my check card and buy some last minute stuff at Wal-Mart. I GAVE THEM MY CHECK CARD. Wow. When we first got there, Catie had made this cd with the 1, 2 step song on it, and when Samantha B. came up, I was dancing to it, and she started breaking it down. I wish I had a picture! lol We all had so much fun! After all the people ate the food, we headed over the to the volleyball court (is it a court?) and played a very energetic game of volleyball. It was me, Mark, Tommy, Rachael, and later Roderick. On the other side was Jake, Samantha B., Lee S., Dr. Nottingham, and (OMG) Jeff Y. I don’t know what else to say. Obviously with that distraction, we lost. But we put up a good fight I might say. I even went into the sand a couple of times—I had to wash sand from my hair later on. Justin was on the sidelines calling out the game play by play with Pete’s wireless mic.

A few hours later we had the newspaper end of the year party. Fun times were also had here. After cleaning up for field day I rushed to my room and took a much needed shower (where I washed the sand out of my very kinky hair). I then rushed over to Powell Hall where Frier was waiting for me. We went over to Papa Johns and picked up the pizza. Brought it back and people started to arrive. I invited Drew and Samantha B. to come even though they aren’t on staff. I just it would be cool with them there, and it was. We ate, and talked. Jake made this AWESOME poster of pictures of me with friends from SGC this past year. I was so touched! (but still I did not cry, sorry) I then suggested we play truth or dare. Bad idea. People didn’t see to get into the game, but Kyle did end up licking my big toe—with a napkin covering it. Mark licked icing off of Drew’s forehead. Tommy licked icing off of other’s plates. Lot’s of licking. You know us Journalism folks. We then played a murder game. I don’t know, I was way tired by this point. I then went and started to finish the paper—which I finally got to the press at about 1 that morning.

I’m tired of typing.

Finals this week. Family coming. Graduation this Friday. Atlanta here we come.

Good day!