Tuesday, November 01, 2005

A quick post today...

I just finished doing two hours live of my radio show. By myself. It was awesome. I loved it. I think, so far, I have picked the right path to take. I love radio. I love the music, the people, the listeners, the energy that runs through my veins when I press the 'on' button for the mic and my voice and personality goes out for the world (via the internet) to hear. I love it.

Life is made up of the small victories in life. Today I was asked by the Programming Director of the station if I would like to join the radio morning show. Me? Miguel. Morning radio is what I have been DREAMING about. The current radio morning crew is dismembering after this semester. The show consists of three people, two are leaving, and one, Jason R., is 70% sure he wants to stay on. If the Gods want this to work out, the morning show will be manned by Jason R., Jamie H., and I - all graduates of Roswell High school. That's awesome. But Jason has to decide if he wants to do the show, I have to move my spring schedule around AND we have to see if the three of us actually have chemistry. Even then, the show is not 100% ready to go. If the Programming Director doesn't like how one of us meshes, he could pull one of us off - so there are some hurdles to jump through, but I am happy that I was actually asked. I asked the PD why he asked me to join the show, he said it wasn't because of my talent (thanks), but because of my personality. That was nice to hear.

Ok, I'm about to commence studying for a test and preparing a presentation that's due at the end of week.

Until next time...