Friday, February 24, 2006


I think by this summer, if I get the Program Directors job, I'll be ready. I feel like each job I get, it prepares me for the next. If I hadn't spent two years as Editor at The South Georgian, I wouldn't have felt confident enough to step into this role. Those two years taught me a lot about my leadership skills and what I need to do to make a positive working environment.

That's one important lesson I learned at The South Georgian - the leader sets the mood and tone of the work place. They are the ones who either kill or boost morale. I've said it before on here, but I love radio. I loved newspaper, but it always felt like a heavy burden, like I didn't want to do it. But this, I LOVE it. Even though it's five nights a week, four hours a night - I still love it.

I think I'm 85% sure I'll be interning at KISS-FM in Savannah this summer. That is going to be awesome! Even though I still want to work, in some capacity for my dream station, Q100, KISS-FM will be awesome. I think this is going to be a good summer. Posted by Picasa