Sunday, February 05, 2006

The “writing bug” still has not hit me, but I feel uber bad for not posting. Life has gotten in the way. Of course, I’ve come to many conclusions about my state of mind and the way I run my life so it has been a good couple of weeks.

Classes are going as well as expected when taking 21 hours. Sometimes I feel like I have everything under control, then sometimes I feel like I’m grasping for something to hold onto because I’m falling so fast. I’ve had a test in about all my classes except for one. I think I’ve done well on all of them expect for this darn Law & Ethics class. It’s a bit more challenging than I thought it would be. I just have to change my mind frame and really hunker down to learn this stuff like I did for Rhetoric of Social Movements. I love my Intro to PR class. I think I picked the right minor.

The night show is going well. I think we (Jamie Lynn and Producer Mike) have come to a conclusion on who we want for the co-host position. We held auditions live on air last week. It was fun testing out the chemistry on air with different people. It’s really apparent that not everyone has chemistry. I think with the new person, the show will go in a different direction. Right now Jamie Lynn and I have been stuck in a rut on air. Reading some news, talking about it, laughing, giving away something, and that’s it. We don’t have any bits or REALLY intriguing segments. We need to get more creative, but I don’t know where to start. I feel like whenever I try to get creative and come up with a funny bit, it just isn’t funny. I’m not a funny ha ha let me plan comedy. I’m more of a haha, SOMETIMES my comments are witty, or just stupid, which makes them funny. I’m too serious. Meh. We have a meeting in a bit to talk about everything and do some planning. We shall see what we come up with. In the mean time, I could really go for some French toast….

Any who. Yesterday was the annual Georgia College Press Institute in Macon. It was weird being there with no official home. I wasn’t with The South Georgian and I wasn’t with The George-Anne. I was there. I even had my own little packet with stuff. It just had my name and school on it. Usually it has the school’s name and the newspapers name. I guess they couldn’t put 91.9 The Buzz on it. heh. I was very happy to be able to hand both The South Georgian and The George-Anne their plaques for first place in General Excellence. Both staffs work hard to put out a good product so it’s nice to see them both awarded for the hard work. They Press Association even gave me a little plaque for being President. I feel it’s hugely undeserved since I didn’t do much as President, but it’s really nice. I know my Grandmother and Mother will beam when they see it. That makes it worth it. After everything was said and done with the ceremony, I went and hung out with The South Georgian gang. We went to Barnes & Noble and I saw my old Assistant Manager from the Barnes & Noble in Atlanta. I talked to him for a while about the store back in Atlanta and the stuff that’s going in there now. Afterwards, a whole gang of us went over to Chili’s for lunch. It was SO much fun sitting around and talking like we use to. Futch, Jake, Justin, Kendra, and I can’t remember the other girl’s name. We just sat there for like two hours discussing politics, life, and the culture of America. SOO nice to be talking about stuff like that. God I miss that. Late night conversations in the journalism room about our life’s ambitions, stuff from the past, everything.

Some other stuff that’s happened in the past two weeks:
-The 91.9 The Buzz staff was on the cover of The 11th Hour newspaper. Really cool. They did a whole story on the hostage situation and what not.
-Um…

Crap. Have to go to the station to meet Jamie Lynn and Mike. Have to finish later.

Good day!