Sunday, December 07, 2003

This has been a very tiring weekend. Friday night I was in the newspaper room until 1:45A.M., yes, 1:45 A.M. I hate that I always have to have things next to perfect! Then, I had to wake up Saturday morning to help give the SAT’s to little high school kids. I got paid for helping so that made it a little easier getting out of bed that morning. It was weird sitting there watching the kids take the SAT’s, just to think, I was sitting in that same position last year at this time taking the SAT’s hoping and praying I would get a good score so I could go to college. My biggest fear then was not being able to go to school. I’ve heard people say that no matter how stupid some can be, there will always be a college somewhere who would take that person in to their school. Well I was always afraid that I would be that one dumb ass person who doesn’t get into any school at all.

But back to my story, so I finished helping with the SAT stuff and came right back up to the newspaper room; I again ended up staying until something in the morning. But luckily, two of my staff members stayed with me to keep me company while I was working on the layout for the paper. I’ve learned to really like newspaper since I have been working on it this year. I thought it would be ok, but it’s been really cool.

Let’s see…. this past week nothing much happened, I have just been working on the newspaper the whole time. That seems to be taking up all of my time now.

But I am so excited for the Christmas break. I can’t wait to go home so I can sleep. I don’t really miss my stuff, I just miss being in my bed and being able to sleep in actual silence. Dorms are great and all, but there is rarely a time when I get to sleep in quietness. It seems as if someone is always up, no matter what the time, doing something stupid. I just love being on the baseball floor. [sarcasm]

Yeah, so I think I’m finally going to take that much needed nap. NOT! There is still lot’s of work to be done.