Sunday, April 25, 2004

This week has been VERY interesting! My school has been simmering with emotion – I have a feeling that this pent up emotion will explode this upcoming week. I’m starting a Gay-Straight Alliance at South Georgia College – you probably will ask yourself, “Why is this boy trying to commit suicide?” I am not – I know that people here are crazy and SUPER, even sometimes freaky about religion. I just feel like I have to let people who don’t have a voice, get one. I want to help those poor kids who have been in these little South Georgia towns their whole life and have had no where to turn. I know, I want to save the world – this is my small way of doing that. But any cow, some of the students involved in the BSU (Baptist Student Union) got wind of me starting the club last Monday and went into panic mood trying to get the club stopped. But thanks to great friends and GREAT faculty advisors, the club is more than likely going to get approved. There’s no way the club could not get approved. We had an organization meeting Thursday – it was SO awesome seeing all those people who care about the fight against stupidity. It made me proud to be a member of the human race.

Today was a fun day. This morning I gave tours around the campus to alumni – they graduated from SGC between 1950 and 1955. It was awesome to hear them tell stories from when they went here. The buildings haven’t changed much since they have been here, but the people have – big time. Later on today I went to VSU with Frier, Jake, Jeff, Josh, and Mr. Frier to see “A Chorus Line.” The performance was top notch – the acting was awesome, the singing was awesome, it was just a well rounded show. Before the show started I saw John C. and Jennifer Hamilton in the lobby. It was cool to see people from RHS again. I talked with them for a while – oh, and Sheana Tobey was in the musical, she was awesome as usual!

Being in Valdosta and seeing all the cool DIFFERENT looking people really made me NOT want to go back to Douglas. When I’m here my longing for diversity isn’t THAT bad, but when I go to Valdosta or somewhere else and I see that there is life on the outside of Douglas it makes me want to pack my crap and never come back – but I only have a year, so, deal.

Well this is going to be another busy week – I need to get a jump start and try and get some work done…well I’m off…