Saturday, May 08, 2004

It’s done. It’s over. It’s finished. I went through finals and didn’t die! I’m impressed with myself. I just knew that after my World History and Sociology final I would be DEAD. But I survived and with a 3.5 GPA to prove it! Yay for me trying to be the good student.

Yesterday I left SGC with mixed emotions. On one side, you couldn’t get me to leave Douglas fast enough; sometimes that small town suffocates the life out of you. I mean, you can be in Wal-Mart, sneeze, and ten minutes later someone across town knows about it! But being in a small town does give you this safe feeling that I lose as soon as I enter metro Atlanta. But, dare I say it, but I think I actually might miss Douglas (it hurt typing that). I won’t miss the small mindedness, but I will miss my dorm, with my super fast internet connection (well – when it worked), my bed, Subway, the newspaper room (my second home)… and just the independent feeling I have when I’m there. But going home is apart of the whole growing up /college experience.

Lately I’ve been thinking about my future and how I want to go to UGA when I finish up at SGC. I’m excited, but then scared out of my wits about going up there. I’ve gotten comfortable being at such a small school, it’s hard to imagine myself at such a huge school. But I have a feeling that by this time next year when I’m all done with South Georgia College, I will be ready for the big leagues, I guess.

Well I’m off to do… nothing…I need to find something to do while I’m here at home…