Wednesday, May 12, 2004

Well I’m all Folked out. I’ve been up in my room for the past two days watching the first season of “Queer As Folk,” and you know what? That show is damn good! I like how it shows different aspects of gay people. They have the whore (but oh is he fine, but watch out, he will bite), the young twink, the old one, the self-described nelly bottom queen, and the big heart…oh, and lets not forget the two “dykes”. At first I was a little concerned by the drug use on the show, but as the season progresses the writers show that are consequence for drug use. But anyway, I love that freaking show. I don’t know if it’s number one, Buffy will ALWAYS have a place in my heart – I don’t know if anyone could take over her spot. I think in the next few weeks I’m going to try and buy season two on DVD so maybe next week I can lock myself in my room again and watch season two.

Watching the show gives me this, I don’t know yearning for something more. It’s like I’m supposed to take a next step in my gaydom. I went through the self-acceptance stage. I’ve been through the whole coming out process (well there’s still one more person I have to tell but I don’t know when that’s going to happen). I’m now going through the “I want to get political and abolish homophobia on earth” stage. So what’s next? Clubbing? Hanging out with a bunch of gay guys? A long-term relationship? Who knows, but I’m sure it won’t happen at SGC. I’ll probably have to wait for the next step to come at UGA, for now I’ll keep myself busy getting political… Down with Bush!!

Tomorrow I’m going for my usually testing, HIV testing that is. I know it probably seems a bit weird writing about it on my blog, but I have to talk (write) about it with someone, and if it’s my computer at 3:41 in the morning, then so be it!! =) I’m not worried about anything, everything should be fine.

Well, off to bed… dreams and be so fun at times…