Monday, January 03, 2005

Being at home always brings back so many memories. Some good, some bad, but some that make you scratch your head. Tonight I’ve been packing my clothes up in preparation for my trip back down to South Georgia tomorrow. I was in my room looking through my desk, ah, my desk. The desk that was like my command post. My old computer is still sitting there, collecting dust. My old letters and folders are still sitting here. So many memories happened at that desk. I know, it’s just a desk, but we have a small house so there weren’t many places for me to go in high school. I was always sitting at my desk talking on the internet, watching TV, or devising some new plan for student council or the radio station. But I digress, the reason that really got me gilding down memory lane—the letters from Michael. Michael and I dated for I think six months my senior year of high school. We had been friends for about three months before we made it official. I had saved letters and pictures that he had given me back then, I discovered them tonight. Wow. We seemed to really be in love. I don’t know why it ended, I don’t remember. I know I was the one who initiated the whole process, but I can’t put my finger on why. I think I was just scared to be in a committed relationship while going off to college. Stupid. Here’s a line from one his letter’s to me, dated March 2003: “ …ur like a guardian angel, I believe in u, feel u, and talk to u, but I can’t touch u…” I know me just pulling out that one sentence can’t convey all the emotion and love in that letter, but, I don’t know. Just reading through all of these letters got me thinking what ifs. What if I hadn’t ended that relationship? Would Seattle still be a possibility?

Michael and I had lunch last week. It was fun hearing about his exploits at Morehouse College. He’s a Morehouse man, and boy does he fit the part. I’m so proud of everything he has done. When we first met he didn’t know where he wanted to go to school or what he wanted to do. Now he’s a no none sense guy who had goals and ambition. He has grown so much in the past two years. Good for him. But, what if?

The last week of break has been a good one. Christmas was, well, another Christmas a grown up. Nothing too exciting. I gave my Grandmother and Mother money earlier in the month for their Christmas presents, but I wanted to give them something they could open on Christmas day, so I gave my Grandmother and Mother gift cards to Barnes & Noble. I know, not very original, but my Grandmother has a passion for books, and my mother needs to read a book, so I thought it was the perfect book.

I talked to Ryan on the phone sometime last week. Danielle and I finally had breakfast at Chic-Fil-A—I had two chicken biscuits. Pig. I worked at Barnes & Noble, a lot. They had my scheduled out of the asshole, but it was nice. I like the money. We have a new store manager, interesting. Had lunch with Michael at Moe’s, we then went and saw the movie “Darkness.” Don’t see it, bad ending. I hung out with this guy from church on Wednesday. We went to Lenox and Phipps Mall so he could exchange some Christmas merchandise. After spending three hours in those malls, three thoughts ran through my head: 1) I wish I were really hott so I could be a silly slut. 2) I’m really fat and need to lose weight to compete with these queens up here. 3) I want some Zaxby’s. So yeah, after our trip up to the nice malls, I indulged in a wonderful hamburger from Wendy’s. Lovely. Thursday I worked, and worked, and worked. I tell you, some of the people we get in the bookstore just make you cock your head to the side and bang it violently on the counter. Ugh. Any who, my night was made 100% better once I met up with Jessica after work. Jessica and I went to middle and the early part of high school together. She moved away after sophomore year, so I hadn’t seen her much since then. But we finally met up to hang out. We had lots of fun driving around talking about people and just enjoying the company. Now we finally arrive to New Year’s Eve. The big day. All the parties are going on around the city and people are having a gay ole’ time. So what did Miguel do this New Year’s Eve? Slept. That’s right Ladies and Gent’s. Miguel was so tired from work, and had no plans, so he slept. Sounds like a good New Years to me if I say so myself. I did receive a call from Dana, asking me what Goitz’s last name was Show Choir. Weird.

So, that’s my winter break for ya. Fun was had, relaxation was had, and more importantly, money was made. Now it’s time for my final semester at the wonderful South Georgia College. May God be with me and my six classes and 1792072 clubs I’m involved in.

Happy New Year to all – may the Lord Jesus bring you everything you deserve in the year 2005. My list to come shortly…

Good day!