Monday, January 10, 2005

I’ve been at school for a week; it’s been a stress free week. For that, I have to say a THANK YOU JESUS. Probably this week things will speed up and get crazy. But that’s to be expected seeing as how this is my last SEMESTER AT SOUTH GEORGIA COLLEGE!!! WOOT!! Guess who’s graduating this May with their Associates degree?! That would me!! OH YEAH! I’m calming down now. Calm.

The beginning of the week was uneventful. I came to Douglas on Monday and moved all my stuff back into wonderful Floyd Hall. I had lunch with Frier and Tom at Rubies. We sat around and gossiped about any and everything. The dinner was good – I had steak, which was very filling. I went back to my dorm afterwards and watched “24th Day.” Good movie. See it if you have the time.

Tuesday and Wednesday were spent checking people into the dorms. One of the many parts of being an RA, sitting around all day waiting for ten new people to check in. Doesn’t that just scream fun to you? It does, trust me. Thursday was the first day back. The first ever African-American History class was held on the SGC campus, and I was sitting front and center. Of course Dr. Butler did his song and dance with the syllabus, but gave a rousing opening statement to the class about African-Americans in America. I think I’m going to learn so much in that class. I’m really excited. The class is filled with good friends of mine. Jake, Stacey, Kyle, and Edgar are all in there. I sit next to Kyle. heh I love my schedule. I don’t have class until 11AM every day, I know most of the people in all my classes, and I know all of my Professors already. This seems to be the beginning of a great semester. A lot of hard work will be done, but I think I’ll be able to perform well. I’m seriously taking the phrase Time Management and making it my middle name. I’m so going to have to plan and make sure just about every waking moment is spent to doing something constructive. That’s the only way I’ll be able to accomplish everything.

Friday night was spent working at the radio station. Enough said. Saturday was spent doing some things here and there. But later on that evening, the fun started. Jake, Jeff, and I went to Valdosta. We went to the mall, ate at Moe’s and went to see the god awful movie, “White Noise.” Don’t see it. Don’t waste your money. Don’t waste your time. Don’t see it. Enough said. After the movie, Jake decided a run to the Voodoo Lounge was in order—the Voodoo Lounge being the gay club in Valdosta. I’ve never been to a club before, let alone a gay club. This was an experience. I thought/hoped it would be like Babylon from Queer as Folk. No. It was like Babylon from Queer as Folk but in Valdosta, Georgia. Let’s see, I saw: Drag queens, a drag queen dance to a song about beating a bitch with a bat, smoke, drinking, too tight shirts (I could probably be included in that), butch girls that could beat my ass in a second, some in a wheel chair dancing (which was cool that people would be accepting enough to let them dance and have a good time). I saw a little bit of everything. I don’t think I’ll be going back there anytime soon.

Today has been spent reading—All. Day. Long. I just hope I can keep this up. I almost forgot. I applied to UGA and Georgia Southern this past week. It cost me $50 for UGA and $20 for GSU. If I don’t get into one of these schools, I’m going to kill something! Most likely one of the roaches that roam around our campus. That was $70 spent in one hour. One. Bleh! I BETTER GET IN!!!!! =) Thank you. Well it’s time for bed.

I’m out.

Oh, thanks to Caitlin for the wonderful drunken phone call this past weekend. I don’t think I’ve gotten one of those since last fall when Kori called me slightly tipsy, and so did Ellen. HA. I guess I’m like the drunken phone call guy. It’s really funny! I should start recording these phone calls and play them back! lol

Good day!