Wednesday, February 16, 2005

So how about I hate me some Statistics! I’ve been sitting in the library for the past hour looking through my notes trying to get started on homework. How about I didn’t even know where to freaking start. I was supposed to study with Paige, but she couldn’t make it today. I don’t know what I’m going to do. We have a test tomorrow and this homework is due! Meh. We just got the study guide for African-American History today in Butler’s class. After my Statistics test tomorrow, I’m going to spend the rest of the week studying for Butler’s test. That’s going to be a bitch. We had like 60 terms on the study guide, then the three essays. But I think I’m going to do well. I’ve been listening and talking good notes in class. I’ve kept up with all the readings—I’ll be ready. Oh, and how about I gots meh self a 99 on the first Theatre Appreciation test last week. Dr. Seward handed back the tests today. I was so excited. I think this is the first time I have ever made a grade that high before. So far so good on all the classes this semester.

But, I do have some bad news. I don’t think I’m going to get into UGA. After looking at their site for the 474304094934th time, I came across something that I seemed to have overlooked. The deadline for Transfer students is April 1st. When a student applies at that time, they go by how many hours the student will have by April 1st, not the number of hours they will have by the end of the academic year. If a student has 50-60 hours by April 1st, they would have to have a 3.2 to get in. If a student has 60 or more hours by April 1st, they would have to have a 2.5 and above to get in. As of right now, I have 55 hours and a 3.01 GPA. By the time May 7th hits, I’ll have 65 hours, but they go by how many hours you have by the deadline. UGH. I don’t know what I’m going to do. I guess I’ll be going to Georgia Southern…

But any who, I’m going to go and search high and low for someone who is in my Stats class and see if I can get some guidance from them.

Good day!