Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Well damn. Once again I’m procrastinating from studying and decided to write a short post. I’m sitting at my desk in the newsroom studying for my Mass Comm. test tomorrow. There’s a huge window right beside my office so I like to just sit and stare out the window. I love people watching—there’s something comforting about being invisible and looking down at people go about their regular lives.

Today in Rhetoric of Social Movements, the Professor said something that made me stop and think…it’s a simple thought, but I’ve just never really taken and ran with this idea. We were talking about social movements and somehow we started talking about how events in our life now seem to be big and monstrous, but in ten years, we won’t even remember them. Back in 8th grade my gym teacher Mrs. Williams told me not to worry about the mean kids. I use to sit and talk with her during gym class (how gay) because the jocks use to make fun of me. (Thank you Crabapple Middle School) When she told me that, I was indigent—I thought I would remember everyone from middle school and the horrible malicious acts they committed against me. Nope. Not true. I can’t even remember the stuff that the baseball players use to do to me during my first term at SGC (but thanks to my blog, I have a nice little record of it, bastards). SO, in a round about way, the statement my Professor made today was soothing. All the times I’ve freaked out and just wanted to run away from everything in the past few weeks are all relative to right now. Of course new problems will crop up, but with new problems usually come new triumphs. Good stuff to come.

The sun is setting outside the window. What a beautiful sight. Have you ever wondered what your purpose is? Why am I here? I’ve often pondered what I’m here for. How is my life supposed to play out in the world?

I think I’ve procrastinated enough. It’s time to finish up studying for my first test at GSU. How exciting. My first test at SGC was in Dr. McDonald’s Humanities test –I think I got an 88 or something. Let’s hope I can make a little higher on this one.

Cheers to all.

Good day!