Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Are you ready? I don’t think you are. I mean really, think about it. Are you ready? Well who cares, it’s coming.

I was going to have some self-deprecating remark, but I don’t have the energy AND I’m TRYING to turn over a new leaf. Since I’ve been in Statesboro, I’ve been off my rocker. I’ve been unorganized, forgetful (that’s a mainstay in my life though), unoriginal with newspaper ideas, and just unmotivated. Not sure why. But it’s time for the real me to step forward. I do hate not being productive. Soon enough.

This weekend…I think I’m going to go for a list format for this one…

-Made it to Atlanta Friday in two hours and fifteen minutes. That should never happen. I was SPEEDING my ass off, but I didn’t realize I was though. I went to the Georgia Tech book store to buy an iPod. They ran out. So I went up to North point Mall and bought a BRAND NEW IPOD FROM THE MAC STORE. I worked out with my new iPod tonight. Amazing. I love it. Best $200 I spent in a LONNGGG time.
-Later that night, I met up with Joseph. I picked him up from his house and we went to Chili’s for dinner. Little kids screaming, witty jokes, physics stuff, and everything were the topics of conversation. A good dinner if I say so myself. We then made our way to the movie theatre to see ’40 Year old Virgin.’ Good movie. See it. On the way over to the movie theatre, we listened to cd #2 from Joseph. I LOVED it. That’s all I’m going to say on that, no gushing tonight. After the movie, Joseph directed us over to Norcross to the local park. We played with the equipment and had a discussion about our pasts with other people (if you know what I mean). I then drove us to a little garden area in Roswell where we went to talk. It was around 3:00am when we went over to the garden. WELL, like ALWAYS, it was painfully obvious that I have no control over my feelings and I let out everything that I was feeling, well almost everything. But still, ugh, I have no tact. It sucks. Basically, we are still friends, but you never know. Here’s to wishful thinking.
-Got home at 4:50am or something and woke up at 8:00 for church. Well, the presentation went nicely, except my Power Point of my Grandmother didn’t work, so I just talked about her and what not. It was really nice to see my Grandmother get some credit for all the hard work she does for the church. I love her so much. She has been such a powerful but silent presence in my life. A lot of the traits I have and hope to have come from her.
-Got home after church, did some laundry and passed out. I talked to Samantha and Adam C. about all the events that had taken place the day before, you know, gotta give briefs to the hommies.
-Joseph called me around 11:30pm and suggested we get a late dinner at IHOP. I made the trek up to Roswell and met him there. As soon as he pulled his car next to mine he informed me that we couldn’t eat at IHOP. His ex boyfriend, who’s supposed to be in another city, was in there chopping down on some food.
-Went to Waffle House and enjoyed the delights of greasy food at night. What a joy. We then went to Wal-Mart (classy, I know) to buy some stuff for my iPod. And that was that. -He said that he might come to the ‘boro this weekend to visit.
-I left Atlanta Sunday morning and made my way back to Statesboro. Kori and I went to lunch, got fat, and came back to the crib. (HA! I am black) I jumped on the net and Jake convinced me to get my ass over to Douglas to spend the night and see everyone. That boy is clever.
-Went over to Douglas for the first time since May, saw Powell Hall (heart), and made a wonderful return to Ruby Tuesday, where I happily devoured a colossal burger. Gosh I missed Douglas. Samantha B., Ashley P., Mark, Drew, and Jake were all there. Lot’s laughing and catching up were done at Rubies.
-Left there and followed Jake to his house. Never been inside before. WOW. His mom loves cocks, like her son. You have to see. Jake’s room is awesome. The boy is so damn creative.
-Went over to Ashley P’s house for some orgasm fun. HA. No really, you should have been there. Let’s just say we learned some people’s personal habits. Catie and Justin joined the party later that night. We sat around and talked about boys, school, how I can’t play phase 10, and life. I miss those days. Sitting around and talking about life, trying to figure things out. Lord knows Jake and I had PLENTLY of those convo’s in my old office. I miss them. =( Oh, and I found out that Mark lives in the dorms – WTF? I went over there to see his dorm – they’ve got some cute guys over there now. Of course it would happen once I leave. Bastards.
-And like that, it was morning. I left, said my goodbyes and was off to the ‘boro once again.
-Today, Kori and I had dinner with Adam and Virgil at Longhorns. For ONCE I didn’t get a hamburger, I got a steak. I’m so proud of myself.

Well, I have wasted a good hour of studying. I have a Mass Comm test Wednesday. Meh.

We shall see.

I’m tired, and off.

Good day.

Oh, and Jessica Simpson kind of rocks...
Every time your near baby
I get kinda crazy in my head for you
I don't know what to doAnd oh baby
I get kinda shaky when they mention you
I just lose my cool
My friends tell me
Something has come over me
And I think I know what it is
ChorusI think I'm in love
Boy I think that I'm in love with you
I'll be doin silly things when it comes to you
Boy I think that I'm in love with you
I've been tellin all my friends what I feel for you
Just the other night baby
I saw you hangin you were with your crew
I was with mine too
You took me by surprise
When you turned and looked me in my eyes
Oh you really blew my mind
I don't know what's gotten into me
But I kinda think I know what it is
Chorus x2
Something strange has come over me
Got me goin out of my mind
Never met a guy like you before
You make me feel special inside
Chorus