Monday, August 29, 2005

I think the emotion that I am feeling right now is pure joy. Are tears close to coming? Maybe. Let me explain…

A couple of weeks ago Joseph and I said we would exchange burned cd’s with songs that explained things we felt. I sent Joseph his cd last week with a little letter. I thought it was a good cd if I say so myself. I had a little Joss Stone, some Leela James, and a whole lot of love. =) After several futile attempts I finally got his cd today. Um, WOW. He wrote a letter with the cd explaining what EACH song meant. I’m scared people. I’m falling, and I’m falling hard. I’m trying to keep my cool about the whole situation, but we all know how well I am at that. We have been talking everyday and just getting to know each other. I’m in heaven.

What else is going on? Ha. So how about I feel worthless as the A&E Editor at Georgia Southern’s student newspaper, ‘The George-Anne’. I have no clue what I’m doing half the time. I’m really going to have to sit down and come up with a plan to maximize my time when I’m up at the office. I’m always sitting in the newsroom, but I feel like I’m not being productive, just sitting there taking up space. I just have to get over my nervousness and actually do something. I’m starting to warm up so everyone and the job, hopefully after about a week I’ll be more comfortable and ready to really get some stuff done. Right now I just feel a little lost. BUT, it’s not all doom and gloom – in last week’s paper, I wrote a story about places to cool off in the heat, and it was on the front page of the Entertainment section! It’s all about the little victories.

I applied for a position with the campus radio station. I applied for Assistant Programming Director, News Reporter, and as an on air DJ. Not sure what’s going to happen though. Danielle helped me with my air-check. We shall see.

Classes are still going well – that’s because we haven’t had any tests yet. I have my first test next week in Intro to Mass Communication. It’s studyin’ time.

I’m going to Atlanta this weekend to see Joseph and to do the presentation on my Grandmother for church. Fun times ahead.

Good day!