Sunday, August 07, 2005

Don’t you wish your girlfriend was hot like me? HA. You wish, don’t you? What am I talking about? Ha. I am in a very good mood. Even though it is 4 something in the morning. Let’s replay today…

Woke up, did the usual for a Saturday morning in Atlanta—Church. That was fun. Said goodbye to church members and what not since I am leaving Friday for Statesboro. On my way home around 1:30pm, Jarred called me and asked what were we going to do. I had no clue. We decided to meet downtown at 3:15 and hang out before my captors at Barnes & Noble wanted me to report to work. We met at the Varsity. I hadn’t seen Jarred in lonnng time. Not since last December I think. He transferred to Southern Polytechnic after last fall and hasn’t been down to SGC since. He’s lost weight, dropped the South Georgia look he had started to gain in his last days at SGC and now he looks like your normal Atlanta metro sexual. We went to the Georgia Tech Barnes & Noble. Since both of us work at a Barnes & Noble, we took great pleasure in looking at the set up of there store and what not – only people who work at bookstores can do that. It’s kind of like when yearbook people look at other schools yearbooks and critique. Weird, but fun. There music section KICKED ass! They sell computers, printers, software, and Ipods – Jarred bought an Ipod. Jealous? Yes I was, and still am. But I was happy for him. But damn! I want one! We went to the Starbucks to sip on come trendy tea and coffee and ogle at his new Ipod. We talked about Douglas gossip, how our summers were going, and where in the world we would end up after college. It was interesting to hang out with Jarred, I don’t think we ever did while in Douglas. He seems to be a bit more at peace with himself and the world now that he is in a city.

Well, after that, I had to go back down south to work. Work was fun. Adam was there and it was fun to talk with him. It’s so funny to think how far we have come as friends. We went from wanting to kill each other in middle and high school, to being good friends in college. Around 8:00pm, I looked at my phone and saw that I had a missed called from 6:11pm – it was Joseph. He left a voicemail. =) In the message he asked if I wanted to do something later after we both got off of work. Um, YES! About ten minutes after I had checked the message, he called. I couldn’t talk because I was at the cash register checking someone out. After some text messaging, we decided to meet later on that night. We closed the store at 10:00pm and ended up leaving the store at 11:00pm. (DAMN CUSTOMERS LEAVING MAGAZINES ALL OVER THE DAMN STORE) I hurriedly drove home to get ready. Finally around 1am, Joseph calls and we decide to go and grab something to eat. He felt bad that I had to drive all the way up to Roswell to hang out – I’ve did that drive for seven years so it’s not a biggie. Because it was like 2 in the morning when we finally met up, our options were limited. We went to Krystal’s, grabbed some cow grub, and went to the hooch – or better known as the Chattahoochee River. We sat by the river at some picnic tables and just talked about life, clothes, fears, friends, school, deadly birds, movies, ketchup, seasons, hot stuff, and just good conversation. We then walked along the banks of the river and ended up sitting on a picnic table near the bank and talked some more. I loved it. The wind was perfect, the temperature was hinting at fall – it was wonderful. I had a GREAT time just sitting and getting to know Joseph. Where will it all lead, not sure.

But Samantha N. just called so I have to fill her in and see where she is with HER situation.

Until next time ladies and gents…

Good day!