Sunday, January 08, 2006

Alright, so at the moment I am slightly drunk, or tipsy, which ever way you want to look at it. Even though my brain is slightly awkward, I am still too afraid to say what is on my mind, what has been on my mind.

I love the movie “Garden State.” It’s the best. The soundtrack is even better. A song on the soundtrack is so beautiful and true. It’s by Colin Hay.

"I Just Don't Think I'll Ever Get Over You"

I drink good coffee every morning
Comes from a place thats far away
And when i'm done I feel like talking
Without you here there is less to say

Don't want you thinking I'm unhappy
What is closer to the truth
That if I lived til I was a hundred and two
I just don't think I'll ever get over you

No longer moved to drink strong whiskey
I shook the hand of time and I knew
That if I lived 'till I could no longer climb my stairs
I just don't think I'll ever get over you

A face that dances and it haunts me
With laughter still ringin in my ears
I still find pieces of your presence here
even, even after all these years

I don't want you thinkin that I don't get asked to dinner
Cuz I'm here to say that I sometimes do
And even though I may seem to feel a touch of love
I just don't think I'll ever get over you

If I lived til I was a hundred and two
I just don't think I'll ever get over you


Thank you Jake and Kyle for coming over. It was a nice end to the winter break. Laura, Jake, Kyle, and Danielle made me feel like I had life again. I love my friends. The good true friends you know are going to be there no matter what.

Before break was over, Danielle and I met with the VP of KISS 104 and 95.5 The Beat. It was really cool. He was really intelligent and forthcoming with us about the radio industry. I can’t wait to jump in head first and see what I can do. All in due time.

Before I left Atlanta, J and I hung out. We went for coffee. I ran into Ryan H. there and he gave me a juicy piece of high school gossip. I love it. Then we went to eat. We went walking around a track and looked up at the stars. It was so peaceful. I could have laid there for hours looking at the stars. When I drove him back home, I lost my phone. We went back to the restaurant but couldn’t find it. Then we went to where we were looking at the stars and found it. I was so happy, but ever happier I was in his company. Wow. Someone stop me now.

The radio show starts on Monday. I’m so excited.

My eyes are closing and tears are coming. Time to sleep.

Good day.