Thursday, January 12, 2006

Can I just say the cloud has lifted? Even though things are not as I would like them in life, I feel alive again. I’m not sure what’s been going on inside me this week, but I have had an eerie calm about myself. I didn’t even know what to think. My life has changed a bit since last week.

For the first time since I have been in college, I am not working at a newspaper. Well, as an Editor. I hope to still write a few articles or reviews here and there. The day I came back to Statesboro, I was promoted to Assistant Program Director of the radio station. I was, and still am, super excited about it. How cool is that? But, with that and the night show, something had to go. Sadly, being A&E Editor for the G-A had to go. But I think the move was wise. I have worked in newspapers for a while and know that I do not want to do that. Maybe magazines, but not newspapers. With the Assistant Program Director job comes a whole new set of worries and planning, but I love it.

The night show has gotten better each night. The first night we were kind of tired and ho hum. The second night we were good. Tonight I thought we were blazin’ by the end. I think we had engaging conversation and plenty of good talk topics. I feel like I am at home. I LOVE radio. I know this is what I was meant to do. Sadly though, one of the hosts is leaving the show. There are things going down and they aren’t seeing eye to eye with the Programming Director. After Friday, he won’t be on the show anymore. That stinks, like really. He adds SO much to the show, I mean, he is like the glue to the show. Jamie and I are just there to look nice—well her more than me. Ugh. I hope that between now and Friday something changes and he decides to stay with the show. I’m not sure what will happen if he leaves.

So, this whole six classes back to back is a bit painful. Now I’m up to 21 hours for this semester. Lord. Help me.

J is coming next week!

Well I’m off to read for class and sleep.

Good day!