Wednesday, December 22, 2004

I’m really bored at the moment. Seeing as how it’s 4 something in the morning you would think I would be having the time of my life. But no, I’m sitting here with my laptop reading about the history of Barnes & Noble. Wow. Heh. But I have been talking to a friend from high school that recently come out of the closet. He and his boyfriend have been together for four months. Thank you. Maybe I should start a count of how long it’s been since I’ve been with someone. No, that would just be bitter, well shit, I am bitter. But no need to dwell.

The break has been peaceful and productive so far. Like I mentioned in the previous post, I’ve just been working and sleeping. No offense to anyone, but I needed sometime to get my brain back. I loaned it out to all the books and notes I read during finals week. I’m finally getting them all back.

Today I’m supposed to have breakfast with Danielle, and then go bowling with Jon, Jenifer, and Brian later on tonight. At some point I need to purchase an air filter for my car. Adam had to show me where that goes. Stupid me.

Yesterday I went to Papa John’s to pick up a pizza for my Grandmother and myself – this guy who worked there kept eyeing me. Like, OMG can I have my face back, please, eyeing! But it was nice to be looked at. He was extra nice to me, it was kinda funny. When I got my pizza from the woman working up front, I asked her if she could get me some crushed red peppers, she agreed and went to the back to get some. He walked up to the front counter—while he was tossing a pizza—and asked me if I needed anything. I looked into his eyes and firmly replied, “Yes, she went to get peppers for me.” What I was trying to say with my eyes was: “BITCH ask me for my cell number because I’m too much of a puss to ask for yours or give you mine!!!” But of course, he said “ok” and went back to making pizzas. Damn. Then I went home and ate pizza with my grandmother while we watched “The Biggest Loser” on TV. I felt worse.

Ok, well I’m tired and my fingers hurt—from typing you slut!

Here’s an article that just made me shake my head:

"American soldier shoots Iraqi after sex"
Associated Press

published Tuesday, December 21, 2004

A National Guardsman who pleaded guilty to killing a 17-year-old Iraqi soldier said he shot the young man after they had consensual sex in a guard tower, a newspaper reported Saturday, citing court-martial records.
Pvt. Federico Daniel Merida, 21, pleaded guilty to murder without premeditation and other charges during a court-martial in Iraq in September.
Merida was sentenced Sept. 25 to 25 years in prison and reduced in rank and will be dishonorably discharged. He is being held at Fort Leavenworth, Kan., a Leavenworth spokeswoman said.
Army officials at Forward Operating Base Danger, where the court-martial was held in Iraq, had previously withheld details of the case.
However, The News & Observer of Raleigh reported Saturday that records show Merida and the Iraqi were on guard duty May 11 in a tower on the perimeter of an Army camp near Tikrit in northern Iraq. At about 10:30 p.m., Merida shot the teen 11 times with his carbine.
Merida first told investigators the teen demanded money at gunpoint. Later, he said he killed the boy because he forced him to have sex. In a third interview, Merida said he got angry after the two had consensual sex.
Merida also pleaded guilty to two counts of giving false statements.
Merida apologized to the victim's family during the court-martial, records show. "He was a son, a brother, someone very important to them," he said. "I took someone they loved and cared for."
Merida, who was born in Veracruz, Mexico, has a wife and toddler son.


I’ll comment on this horrific story of stupidity later. Until then….

Good day!