Monday, June 26, 2006

It’s been a weird few days.

A quick run down of what’s been going on:

-I’ve really started to warm up and become comfortable at the internship. The people there are super cool. I had a remote this weekend and talked with one of the dj’s the whole time about the radio industry and what not. It was really cool to be able to talk at length with someone about radio without them rolling their eyes wanting me to shut up.
-I was stood up. I was supposed to go on a date, but he never showed. Found out that he got nervous. I sent a message saying it was cool, but that he should have called. Still haven’t heard back from him so I guess we can count that as over. Meh.
-My head is always swimming with stuff for the buzz, I really need to attach a post-it notepad to my belt buckle so I can have it at arms length when I think of something.
-Um, so I guess I can call myself a fan of country music…in my iTunes as of this weekend, I now have The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, Rascal Flatts, Dixie Chicks, and Nickel Creek. Hmm…so I guess I have totally lost my black card. Did I ever have one? I’m so kidding. lol
-Kyle came to look for a car. His car was totaled a few weeks ago so he’s on the search for another car. I had to drive him home to H-town. Um, we got lost. I think it took four hours for the whole trip. But I did take his Arrested Development DVD’s. That will be next weekend’s project. Watch those and laugh.
-Have I mentioned that I love radio? lol I think I have accepted the fact that I will probably have to go on welfare when I graduate from college and get a job in radio. Maybe McDonalds will take my broadcasting degree. No really though…I’m probably going to work part-time at Barnes & Noble or something while doing radio after GSU.

Wait.

I graduate from college in May. Oh. My. God.
It really is almost over.

Wow.

Okay, so I’m tired now and I really want a double quarter pounder with cheese from McDonalds, but it’s way too late – if I stay up any longer, I might go and get one, so I better head to bed.

Things to keep in mind for the week:
-Slow down and think. You do not know everything.
-Concentrate on the tasks at hand. When you finish, you will find that it really wasn’t that painful.
-Constructive criticism at this point in the game is awesome, actually, I love it.
-STOP SPENDING MONEY. PERIOD.
-Remember where you came from and where you want to go.
-Stop trusting people so easily, they break you.

That is all.

Good day!