Sunday, June 11, 2006

Two facts have been solidified for me the past couple of weeks and this weekend:

1) I have really good friends. What has probably been one of the most difficult financial times I have seen, my friends have continued to come through for me when I have needed help. By either listening to me bitch about not having any money or actually helping me out, they have all been there. For that, I will always be grateful.
2) I do not belong in clubs. I know I work in radio and that will become a regular part of my life, but right now, I feel uncomfortable in those types of situations. I don’t know why. I kind of just stand there gawking at people trying to remember to put an occasional smile on my face so I don’t look like I’m having the worst time in my life. Last night the KISS crew went to 309 West for a concert we cross promoted with 309 West to bring the singer Jelly. She did a really good job. She sang AND danced ON THE BAR! I was so afraid she was going to fall off! Regretfully, I couldn’t really enjoy her song that’s stuck in my head because of my social awkwardness. You know, I think some of that has to do with me being raised in the church. From the time of my earliest memories of church, I recall someone always saying, “Don’t go to those dance halls!” “You know Jesus does not go in there with you!” “You never know what could happen inside there!” “That’s where Satan lives!” So I guess I have all that going through my head while I’m inside. Maybe that’s a good thing…

So yeah, that’s that. I didn’t get home until four in the morning, so I’m going to go sit on the couch for the rest of the day to read and relax and mentally prepare for this busy week.

Good day!