Thursday, June 23, 2005

Something is wrong with me. It seems like my blog posts have become so vague and vanilla – there’s no spice. I don’t really get down to the nitty gritty stuff. Whatever the nitty gritty stuff seems to be. But then again, this is summer, and my life is almost as exciting as watching two dogs make whoopee.

Work is work. People are stupid. I use to think that Barnes & Noble customers were so sophisticated and intelligent (and the voice of SGC—only people on the newspaper staff would get that one). Not so much anymore. Here’s a list of things people do at Barnes & Noble that piss me off:
1) Leave a PILE of magazines all over the damn store. Put SHIT back! It’s not that hard. Or at least don’t grab 20 magazines (I’m not kidding) and just leave them sitting every damn where.
2) When people come in and ask for a book and have no clue who the author or title is, how the hell are we supposed to find or know what book they are talking about. People come in and say“Um, I don’t know the author or title, but the book is about a man and a woman – do you know what I’m talking about?” NO THE HELL I DON’T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT – GET A FREAKING CLUE!!
3) If I’m at the cash register and I’m going through my speech about buying a member card, at least listen to what I have to say before you just wave or shake your head in the middle of my speech. RUDE. I’m sorry you don’t want to hear about how you can save 10% on all of your purchases in the store and online at barnesandnoble.com – I HAVE TO SAY IT SO JUST LISTEN AND SHUT THE HELL UP!
4) Imagine this: You’ve been standing on your feet for five hours; you’re tired, and just ready to go home. You go and clock out and start heading towards the front door to go home. BUT NO, some DUMB ASS stops you (oh, and these dumb ass people saw you take off your name badge, meaning you are not on the clock and not working) and asks if you can find these two books for them. WTF?
5) OH, AND THE PEOPLE WHO COME IN WITH 40 BOOKS ON A LIST TO ORDER. WHAT THE HELL?!?! THAT IS WHY WE HAVE BARNESANDNOBLE.COM FOR. GO AND ORDER 40 BOOKS OFF OF THERE. YOU WILL GET FREE SHIPPING BITCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alright, I’m done. I think I’m going to pop something in my forward if I don’t calm down…

I forgot to add to the previous post, that after SOAR, Danielle and I met up with Laura, Jake, and Kyle. They all came to Statesboro and we had a grand ole’ time at Ryan’s All-You-Can-Eat buffet, and then we spent some time at the local mall.

Yesterday was interesting. VERY interesting. Danielle and I went to look (inspect) Michael’s (my ex) new apartment. The new apartment he is sharing with a roommate from school, and with his boyfriend. Umhm. The same boyfriend who called me FAT! Now we all know that I call myself fat on a regular basis, that’s fine and dandy, but this boy who doesn’t even know me called me FAT! Bitch. Anywho, so Danielle and I travel 2732910372 miles up to North Atlanta to see the place. When we arrive, just Michael and I are there. Everything goes smoothly. We’re sitting around, laughing, joking, and having a grand time. Then Michael has to leave to pickup said bitch. (I shouldn’t be so mean, but I’m so passive aggressive in real life, I have to let it out somewhere) They walk in, the boy looks at me and Danielle and smiles. Umhm. Everything goes all right. No one clawed anyone’s eye out or anything – just a little weirdness circling around the room.

New York is next month and I’m excited. I have some reservations about things, but I’m not sure how to verbalize them.

Oh, and I think a little trash is needed for this post via discussion of the new Real World cast. Okay, first off, it’s weird to see people on there that graduated from high school the same year I did. That could be me on there. (scary) Secondly, these people just don’t seem to have any depth. I know it was just the first episode, but, I don’t feel like I would learn anything from these people. What happened to the days of learning about different types of people from all over the U.S., and even the world? Now people get on there just to see which roommate they can sleep with and how much alcohol they can consume. We shall see how it is when I’m on there! HA!

Time for bed. More soul selling to do for B&N tomorrow!

Good day!