Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Normalcy is something a lot of people try to hold onto.

In my mind, normalcy and being content go hand in hand. Being happy, feeling satisfied with life are ideas that I have always dreamed of. But what happens when your satisfaction with life is taken away? What do you do when your whole life is turned upside down and you see that being satisfied and content was always there, but you just never reached out to grab them?

Someone that I have known for most of my life, who went through similar, but very different struggles throughout life, was brutally murdered. Rashae M., 20 year old female, mother of two, was stabbed to death by her children’s father. Her funeral is this weekend. I don’t know how to really react to this. Besides my God mother, I’ve never had anyone close to me die before. It’s weird to think that she’s gone. She was my age, my grade; I even dated her in elementary school for a couple of months. (I know) The funeral will be rough, but, I will keep reminding myself that everything happens for a reason, unfourtently.