Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Well, it looks like I’m in eagle. A Georgia Southern eagle. I went to SOAR, the orientation program this past week. Danielle came with me to make sure I didn’t get screwed over.

I spent the night at Danielle’s house Friday night. We rented “Hotel Rwanda” and ordered pizza. Yeah, so I like totally balled watching that movie. I highly recommend it. We woke up Saturday morning at 3 something to get on the road. We got there on time, and as soon as we entered the building, I saw Leroy, Peta, Ben, and someone else from SGC. It was like an SGC reunion at Georgia Southern. It was cool though to see how we all worked our asses off and now we have come to the major leagues. The whole day was long and forgettable. The only part worth mentioning is the registration session. As a transfer student with all of my core classes completed, but none of the pre-recs for most upper level classes, my selection was small and the classes that I needed to take were all full. I was able to get into every class I needed, expect for one. I’m down for Southern Politics on Wednesday nights, but I really need to take Intro to Journalism.

But, here’s my schedule for my first semester at Georgia Southern:
-Intro to Mass Communication – MWF 9:00-9:50am
-Rhetoric of Social Movements – TR 11:00am-12:15pm
-Critical Thinking – MWF 1:00-1:50pm
-Southern Politics – W 6:30pm-9:15pm
-Social Issues of Sport – TR 9:30am-10:45am (what the hell?!)

It feels weird just taking five classes. I feel like I need to take six so I can get 18 hours out of the way, but I think this is a nice starting point. I should find out about housing in about a week or two.

Oh, I’m on the face book now. HAHA…I’ve been spending hours on there looking at people from other schools and my high school. It’s interesting. It’s kind of like myspace.

Um, I don’t really feel like posting anything else. My fingers hurt and I think I want to go to the new Wal-Mart by my house. HAHA.

Good day!