Monday, October 27, 2003

Another beautiful weekend has past. (Me trying to be happy) The weekend before last Caitlin invited me to go with her to see the RHS Musical, “The Music Man.” I quickly agreed. Any opportunity that I can get to get out of Douglas, I get out. Friday after my 11:00AM class, I hopped in my car and drove the four hours up to the ATL. The drive was wonderful, it gave me time to think and contemplate on my life, where I am, and what I’m doing. I still don’t have any answers. I got to RHS around 4:00PM. It was wonderful; I went and talked to Mr. Scott, Mr. Spraggins (should I insert a witty comment here? Hmmmm….) and Mrs. Johnston [Yearbook teacher]. They all asked me the usual questions: How’s college? Are your classes hard? Why are you so fat? Yep. I ran into Talia in the hallway. We decided to go and get dinner, we went to MOE’S!!! MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM….. Do I need to say that again?…. Moe’s…MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM….It was SO good to finally eat something that wasn’t fried in pork lard!

The show was F*&^%N awesome! I was so proud of the chorus kids. It was like watching my own little kids up there on stage prancing around. They a lot of new guy members up on stage. Oh, I almost forgot about this. Seems like Spraggins has found another token black guy, but this one actually sings! After the show, like a dork, I went to the cast party. I know I know…Tanya and I were like the old college kids at the high school party….I felt like a lame when I first got there, but it was cool afterwards. It seems like I had more stimulating intelligent conversations with the high school peeps then I do with the college folks. It was awesome to be back in the company of good friends. I was actually being social! Talking to people, making bad jokes! AH! The fun times… After the party--which ended at 12:00, high school kids can’t stay out late—I went over to Caitlin’s, where I stayed the night. We talked, and then went to sleep. I left Sunday afternoon.

Being back in Atlanta (Roswell) made me think of all the good times that I actually had in high school. Don’t get me wrong, I DON’T want to go back, but, I appreciate what Roswell High School and Roswell the community did for me. Even though I have never lived in Roswell, I still feel apart of the community. I think I will forever (could be a good or bad thing) be linked to that place.

Moving on to all things South Georgia… yuk. I think the isolation that I feel like I’ve been given, is finally starting to get to me. I can’t really remember anytime in my life where I wasn’t liked by a lot of people. I know this may sound vain or whatever, but it feels weird to be the one that everyone talks about. Every time I walk into the lobby of the dorms I hear them whisper ‘faggot,’ ‘gay ass.’ (Wait…can someone tell me what a gay ass is? Is my ass gay?) But it seems like every since the article came out people have totally changed. The same people who used to smile and say hi to me around campus don’t even look my way now. Well, it’s their loss.

I’m hungry… are you? Hmmm…what do I want to eat?!? Maybe some Pizza Hut… or Wendy’s…