Saturday, October 11, 2003

I just got one of the nicest e-mails ever. I was almost-but not-in tears when I read this. (I'm WAYYY to emotional)

"Hey, your school address never reached me. It's all crunked up. Give it to me again so I can send junk to our real email address. If you'll allow me to, I'd like to pay you a huge compliment. I'm in a class called the Dean's Distinguished Lecture series, and basically what we do is listen to industry leaders talk about how to succeed in this industry. Every single person that has come through has said different things about success and the hospitality business, but they have all said a few things in common. One of those was that it's incredibly important to go into
business with someone you know is responsible and you know has a strong
work ethic. Every time I hear that I think: Miguel. Really, I admire your determination and drive. As I told my mother, in an age when you can't really trust anyone to do anything - let alone someone my age - you need to work with people you can trust. Thanks for being a good co-worker. Needless to say, I have a very high opinion of you. Besides the fact that you're......you know.....I mean I can't ignore the fact that you're...........well it's just that you're...........a bad dresser.
But a good fashion sense isn't necessarily a must in the business world. If
only you would shower every once and a while.... (There's more but it's not really important)

Ryan"