Friday, September 10, 2004

I can’t remember the last time I’ve been this happy, well, maybe expect for graduation from high school. But I’ve been in this euphoric state since Tuesday. I’ve been like a little giddy four year old for the past week. Just walking around loving every minute of life. I think this is the first post in the three years I have been doing this that has been like, HAPPY – like SHUT UP happy!

Ok, even though my thoughts have been consumed with Smiles all week, life has gone on, and some new developments have been made.

Today I decided to fight the good fight, to help the lost souls of America see how very wrong they are in wanting Mr. Bush to be our President. Some friends of mine and myself talked, and we made the decision to start a Young Democrats club at SGC. We are not going to try to be an official club with funding and such—no time—but our main purpose is to get more people in South Georgia to 1) think about the issues with their OWN mind 2) Vote for Kerry! 3) and vote for Denise Majette! Our organizational meeting is next Wednesday. I’m really curious as to what type of turnout we will have. I expect it to be really big, or really small with like 5 people. I was encouraged today to see that Denise Majette, who is running for the U.S. Senate seat in Georgia, is gaining ground against the tough to beat, very experienced Republican candidate, Johnny Isakson. I know she still has a VERY long shot to beat him, but I would like to see her give him a run for his money. But my friends and I were talking and we thought that maybe we could bring Denise down here to Douglas. It might be next to impossible, but you can only try! I hope that we are able to make some difference in the strong hold that the Republican Party has over South Georgians.

Last night was the first night of rehearsals for Wit. They went very well – I think we are going to have a really good show. The only concern I have is the time we have to do this in. We have 5 weeks to put this extremely difficult play together. I hope we can pull it off, because if we do – it’s going to be awesome! I’m interviewing the author of the play tomorrow! EEEK!!! Please cross your fingers that I will do well and not sound like a stupid little inexperienced journalist.

The deadline for the paper is next week, and I have NO idea if everyone is going to be ready to turn in everything by next Friday! I guess we shall see who is really serious about the newspaper.

Well I’m really tired and it’s 2 something in the morning and I have class in a few hours. I was up reading for Global Politics (my morning class) and decided that I would just write, and I have.

A word on Smiles….he makes me smile. He makes me happy. He makes my insides warm. I like to sit and think about him and how wonderful he is. OK OK I’m done! And he’s great!

Good day!