Sunday, September 19, 2004

Life is hectic, but good. Things could be worse. (I'm done, I've learned my lesson, once again)

I'm at work right now at the radio station listening to Nascar - got to love working at a classic rock station. I don't know half of the people we play, and don't let someone call here and ask me a question about the music - my usual response is, "Um, I can't answer THAT question, I'm a new intern here, but you can call back on Monday - thanks for listening to 99.5 WDMG The Big Dog!!" And of course I always smile before I answer the phone so I sound super happy. Yay.

Hmmm...so this weekend has been rather dull - well Friday was fun. Friday was the deadline for the newspaper, so I got to sit in the journlaism office and watch as people ran in or e-mailed me right at the 2:00PM deadline. I was there most of the day with Sam, my Copy Editor. At 6 pm Sam and I went to dinner with Jake, Alana, Rebbecca, Wes, and Edgar. We ate at the oh so wonderful food establishment of Zaxby's. After that we went bowling - where they charged me $2.00 for socks. Yes. TWO DOLLARS FOR SOCKS!!! You better believe I was pissed off. 2 freaking dollars! Any who...we had fun bowling, but 2 very important things happened to me there. First, when I did a "Grandma" roll of the ball, you know where you get down and push the bowling ball with both hands, my shorts split in the back. My FAT ass came right out - nasty - I was super embarrassed, I could feel the cold air hit my inner thighs (probably more information than you wanted know). But yeah, I took it like a man and made Alana go to her car and get me one of her jackets so I could tie it around my waist. Thanks. AND...I FINALLY, for the FIRST time in my life broke 100!!! YAY, I think I got like 114 or something. I was hella excited about that. After wards we went to Cafe Isabella for a quick sip, then we all went back to the newspaper office where I attempted to work on the newspaper layout. I didn't get much work done while everyone was there, but after they left I was able to get a bit done. I stayed up there till about 5:00AM working on the paper. Jake was there most of the time but he went into the computer lab and did whatever in there. So that was Friday - well since I didn't get to bed until like 5:30AM I didn't wake up until like 1:45 pm Saturday afternoon. Nothing really happened Saturday - I just went and worked on the paper some more, but this time I stayed until like 6AM this morning...I'm crazy. I just get in these zones where I just want to work until my head is really about to hit the desk.

Now I'm studying for my FOUR freaking tests I have this week. WHY the hell are all Professors giving tests this week?! AH!

Well I don't know if I wll be able to update this week seeing as how I'm going to be running on E the whole time, but we shall see.

Well I'm going to get back to studying for my Spanish test Tuesday.

Good day!