Monday, October 04, 2004

It’s already October! Where’s August? It seems as if we just started school, and here we are a week or so away from mid-terms. Wow. Time does fly by…

I have really had any time, or inspiration to write anything. The last two weeks have been nothing but hectic. The week before last I think I got a total of 6 hours of sleep the whole week…I can’t do that often or I’ll start to get all sick and nasty. Ugh…

Here’s a recap:

1) Worked on the newspaper for about a week. I stayed in the newspaper room until about 6AM some days – as I was leaving the newspaper office, the janitorial crew was coming in for the morning, not good. I missed the deadline to get the paper to the press so the paper is a week late. Considering this was my wise ideas to publish once a month, I think it was good that we got a 24 page paper out in a month, well a month a week. So hopefully I’ll be able to get the October paper out in October. Here’s to wishful thinking!
2) Went to a SAC meeting (not that SAC), it’s a meeting of all the Student Government Presidents at all the University System of Georgia school’s. We talk about all the fun stuff that no one really cares about…but the Chancellor did come and talk about the budget. We got some really bad news about the budget cuts and how tuition is probably going to be increased in January. Because of this, the Presidents from UGA and Georgia Tech have organized a state wide petition drive for all the schools in the University System. Out goal is to get 100,000 signatures and take them to the Capitol this Friday. We breakfast at the Governor’s mansion to talk with him about all of this and it was a bunch of back and forth talking in circles type thing. Nothing was accomplished so we are still doing the protest Friday.
3) I’ve come to the point in my academic career where I’m starting not to care anymore, and that scares me. I just don’t really care about these dumb ass classes we have to take! I just want to get to the good stuff where I learn about journalism and all that jazz. These core classes are boring me to death! AHHH!
4) For some reason the a/c in the dorms turned off to today so it’s REALLY hot in here. Nasty.
5) The rehearsals for Wit are awesome. I think we are going to have an awesome show.

Well that’s all that’s worth writing for the moment. I’m tired and have to get up early to distribute the dang papers around campus.

Good day!