Monday, October 25, 2004

I’m tired. Very tired. I’m emotionally tired, I’m physically tired, I am just tired. I hope I can make it through this entry with out falling asleep on the computer.

I don’t know what it is about South Georgia but my life has been crazy since I have been down here. This weekend was a memorable one. Here’s a quick rundown of what happened:

-Went to a surprise birthday party for Catie, but really wasn’t a surprise since Sam, Jake, and I got there late. But we got Catie some cool stuff; I hope she liked it all.
-Surprise party was VERY awkward because of certain people, and how certain people were being “together” while disregarding another people’s feelings. Make sense? Probably not, but that’s the point.
-The party went from awkward, to tense, to just painful.
-Someone made a black people comment/joke and I couldn’t take it.
-I left the party abruptly, but of course being the proper gentlemen, I said goodbye to the birthday girl.
-I ran down the stairs of the apartment crying my f-ing eyes out because I couldn’t understand how people could be so careless with other people’s feelings when someone had spilled out their guts to them and actually opened up. Still confused? I am too.
-I got in my car and just drove around crying and thinking about how I continue to get screwed over. Not just the I really don’t like you and I’ll never see you again screwed over, but the I don’t think I like you but I’m going to twist the knife around in your back screwed over. Nice isn’t it?
>After reflecting over what happened, I have come up with two ways that I can react to everything that has happened. Either 1) Never talk to this person again and be really bitter about it, or 2) Forget about it and move on. To be honest, I don’t know which path I want to take. I have never been this hurt before in my life and I don’t know how to respond to all these new feelings and emotions that have been raging around in my 19 year old body. But in all reality, I’ll probably follow the path of number 2 once I have finally calmed down from everything.
-I talked to someone from my past about what happened that night and they were really comforting. I was really happy that they were so helpful and insightful.
-I finally came back to the newspaper office around 11:30 on Saturday night and continued work on the newspaper.
-I worked on the newspaper, Jake came up and we talked for a bit while I was working on the newspaper.
-We went and met up with Brandon at the Huddle House at like 3 in the morning.
-Jake and Brandon talked about politics and I got sleepy.
-We all went back to the newspaper office and talked while I worked on the paper.
-We didn’t leave the newspaper office until 11:45 AM, and only because I had to be to work at the radio station by 12:30.
-I was awake for 32 hours. 32 hours. I thought I was going to die. I never knew how good sleep felt until I finally laid down after being awake for 32 hours.

The weekend is over, and it’s time to get back into the groove of things. I’m trying to keep my optimistic outlook on life and everything inside it, but as the weeks go by, I feel an invisible force trying to chip away at my optimistic outlook.

A lot’s going on this week, but sleep IS the number one goal in my life at the moment. I want to get as much of it as possible. Next week we vote for our future President—and that scares the hell out of me. Since I am away from home, I have an absentee ballot that I get to send in early. I’m going to put that in the mail tomorrow. I have just participated in democracy and it feels great.

Off to bed!

Good day!