Sunday, September 12, 2004

SO….I think this is the most I have posted in a week in a long time. But then again I haven’t had this much going on in one week in a long time. So let’s do a recap of the weekend thus far:

Friday: I had lunch with Frier, Jake, Jeff, and Jessi. I had a small cheese pizza – I felt like a total slob after eating all of that. Eating all that pizza kind of put me into a funk (food is like having an abusive boyfriend; it makes me happy, makes me sad, makes me want to kill myself-well maybe not kill, but you get the point) for most of the afternoon. I went to my room and took a quick nap, in preparation for the excitement that was to come that night. I woke up later on and got ready to go to the speaking event that Margaret Edson, author of the play “Wit”, was going to be. I arrived early so I could do my interview with her before the whole event happened, I didn’t want to wait around until after the event – I had “plans” for that evening. The interview went well; I succeeded in asking her a question that she had never been asked before! Here I come CNN! After this, I went to Taco Bell with Kayla, Ashley, Jamie, and Jake. I sat there for a while with them, and then I got a call from Smiles (of course that made me smile). I went to go see him. It was VERY nice. I love being around him, my spirits seem to lift and there are no cares. That was a good two hours spent – just talking and looking at each other (I’m smiling now).

Saturday: Woke up at 7:45 am to have breakfast with Margaret Edson. It was a time for the entire cast to just sit and talk with Margaret Edson about the play and what she what she had/has in mind for each character. It was very cool to actually sit and talk with the creator/writer of a play your doing. She’s such an intelligent woman. Very personable and quick witted. After the breakfast was over—10:00AM—I went back to my room and got some much needed sleep. Woke up, went to lunch with Danielle, and went to work at 5:30. Found out I didn’t have to be there until 6:45, stormed out and got some donuts from a gas station. Came back to work, got things working – then, THEN Smiles came to visit me at work! That was AWESOME! Made my freaking day! It was like a breath of fresh air coming through there. He stayed for a bit, we talked, I mostly just stared him down with googly (sp?) eyes. I’m such a puss…HA! He then had to leave, which made me sad. But I was happy I got to see him today.

That’s my weekend so far, not terribly exciting, but I got to see Smiles so they made it a great weekend.

Well it’s time for bed my kiddies.

Good day.