Saturday, December 31, 2005

The holidays are almost over. Thank God. Life can get back to normal and people can stop pretending to like each other. HA! I’m supposed to be an optimist…

This break has been a busy one. I’ve been visiting, working, running around getting things done. I’ve also spent A LOT of money. Too much actually. But meh, you only live once, right?

Let’s see…this week has been especially entertaining. I got to hang out with long time (like middle school) friend Jessica. I went up to her sister, Lianne, and fiancés, Justin, house Monday and Tuesday and hung out. The first night I went, I spent a few hours talking to Justin. WOW. This guy is very insightful. He’s going to make a great creative coach one day. We talked a lot about recent situations in my life and what I need to do to start afresh. I walked away from that meeting feeling very empowered. I went and hung out with J afterwards. We went and saw ‘Wolf Creek.’ Do NOT see this movie. That was a total waste of two hours of my life. The whole first hour of the film doesn’t make any sense and doesn’t add to the movie. It was so disappointing. From the trailer, the movie looked really good. How wrong I was. After J and I hung out, I went back over to Lianne and Justin’s to hang out some more. I ended up staying the night. Before we all went to bed, Adam, an old friend of Lianne’s from high school came over. He was really cool. The second night, Tuesday, I ended up doing the same thing. Just going over there and hanging out.

Thursday night, after I got off of work, J and I met up to exchange Christmas presents. I normally don’t buy presents for friends and ask them not to buy me anything. Most of my friends are as broke as I am, so I would rather people spend their money somewhere else, ya know? But J said a couple of weeks ago that he had started buying stuff for my present. Stuff, as in plural—there were several presents. I went into “creative” mode trying to think of things to get him. Since I had a talk with him earlier in the week telling him how I needed to get over him (that’s a long story I just don’t have the energy to get into), I didn’t want to get to mushy with the presents. But I went with: A Starbucks gift card because that’s where we first met, the “40-year-old Virgin’ on DVD because that’s the first movie we saw together, a poet’s journal so he can write down all the poems, drawings, and thoughts he’s having during the day when his laptop isn’t around and finally, a copy of my all-time favorite book, “A Density of Souls.” So, I guess that was okay. He seemed to like it all. I was VERY excited by what he got me…A Budweiser beer (it’s because I don’t drink and need to “loosen” up. lol), a really nice card with a cute message inside that almost made me tear up, his favorite book “100 Years of Solitude.” I can’t wait to start reading that book. I’ve heard so much about it, but I have never gotten around to actually reading the book. Like J wrote in the inside flap, Oprah liked it, so it must be damn good. And finally, he bought me a candle lantern. His Grandmother, on her deathbed, gave me something similar and told him a nice story about it. He found a replica of the lantern and gave it to me and told me the same thing his Grandmother told me about it. I almost lost it when he told me this. We were sitting in the back of IHOP exchanging gifts at like 1am. We must have looked a mess. A black and Mexican man exchanging gifts in the Roswell IHOP. Lovely. I loved all the presents. Well, he sure is making it hard for me to stop “pining” over him. Goodness.

Afterwards, it was like two something in the morning and I didn’t feel like driving all the way home, so Michael let me stay at his apartment. We got to talk and catch up. Then it was back to work in the afternoon. I think I’ve spent more time at Barnes & Noble than I have at home. lol

I’m actually really excited because I’m going back to the ‘boro this Wednesday. I can’t wait to get back in my bed and stand in my shower. I love having my own apartment. Just grand I tell you.

New Years Eve is today, right now. What will I be doing tonight to ring in the New Year? Well, first I’ll start the evening off at a fancy shin dig. It’s this place called Barnes & Noble. I hear it’s all the rage this year. Meh. But yeah, I’m working tonight. I don’t have plans for tonight, but who knows what will pop up. I still have to be back at the bookstore on New Years day at 1pm. I don’t mind at all seeing as how that is time and a half pay for a holiday. I am not complaining having to work on New Years Day. Hell, I’d even work a double if someone wanted me to. I likes the money!!

My eyes are dropping and I still want to read a little more of this book I’m reading so I can get to J’s book.

Good day!

Happy New Year!