Wednesday, September 24, 2003

Well for once I have an entry where I’m not bitching about what someone has done to me at this [redneck, ghetto] school. (Couldn’t help myself) I’ve really got to stop complaining about these stupid people! OH OH OH…I forgot…the other day I was driving on one of the roads that takes you out of the campus, and guess what I see crossing the freaking road…CHICKENS!!!! I stopped the car, and laughed. Chickens, COCKS, I just, yeah… chickens…

Yesterday I held the first staff meeting of the newspaper as the Editor. I was SO nervous. I mean, I’ve been in plenty of meetings and held plenty of meetings, but most of the time I knew what I was talking about. The majority of the people on staff were either on their high school newspaper staff, or have been on staff with the college paper for a year. I felt like the little new kid who just comes in and tries to change everything. But they all seemed to like me and my ideas, so I thought that was cool. But in thinking about how I got the position of Editor, the conversation that I had several times with Mr. Scott, about myself, in high school came back to me: People don’t always have to be really smart to succeed, they just have to have a really hard work ethic. It’s so funny though, most of these people have like real experience writing articles and editorials, and yesterday I was like, “Um yeah, I was on the Yearbook staff in high school, so I can…write really boring captions!” But we shall see… hopefully I will bring some edge to the paper. Well as much edge as I have, but I think I have very much… I guess I’ll find out.

Off to lunch….