Tuesday, July 29, 2003

SO.... I went out on another date with Brandon yesterday (Sunday). This was just as cool...not as "movie" like as the last one, but just as cool and informative. So we decided for a more simple date this time...we were just going to do dinner and a movie. I went to his to pick him. I walked up to his front door and rung the doorbell. The first thing I see is his mother's head pop up in the window of the door. A little shocked, and sacred, I simply did a little shy nod. (Side note: I've never met anyone in his family AND his mother doesn't know he's gay) I walk inside and his mothers standing there along side his sister. He's standing in the room looking like he just wants to rush out the house. So his mom asks me where I'm from and jokes around saying she just wants to know who her son is hanging out with...I try my best to turn on my parent charm...I think it works! So we leave and go to the movie theatre. Oh yeah, since I work at Barnes & Noble I have a nice little employee discount, so I thought it would be cool to buy Brandon "A Density of Souls" by Christopher Rice, so I gave that too him in the car. It was wrapped with a card and everything. He really liked it ... he even said that I would get a hug for it! I got so excited by that! (You can tell it doesn't take much to make me happy!) We then went to the movie theater to see what time the movie was going to be playing. I then drove us to one of my best friend’s job so Brandon could meet Jenifer, and so I could say hi to her. They both seemed to like each other. I was very pleased with that! We then went to ‘Moe’s Southwestern Grill’ and had dinner. Conversation was light, but fun. Then it came time for the movie, we saw ‘Bad Boys 2.’ The movie was SOO funny! But, I couldn’t focus all my attention to Will Smith and Martin Lawrence; I was busy thinking about Brandon. I didn’t know if I was supposed to hold his hand or put my arm around him! I felt like one of those kids on a TV show whose on his first date and doesn’t know where they should put their arm around the girl. But in the end I didn’t… But we left and I drove him home. On the way driving him home we talked a bit but we both were kind of in a pensive mood, just sitting listening to the music and thinking. When I drove up to his house, I got my hug (YESSSSSS!) and he told me to call him when I got home. So I got home, called him, and we talked for about three hours. Very good conversation. I learned a lot of valuable information about him and his personality. His personal creed is, “Don’t Dig too deep … just let it flow.” SO I have to just let it flow, which is going to be hard since I like him so much. One thing that I’m scared about is my getting attached too fast and it not being returned. I just HAVE to take my time.