Monday, July 21, 2003

Yesterday I finally bought the Christina Aguilera cd. Wow. Wow. Wow. This cd is so awesome. It has so much pain, happiness, and just about any other emotion you can think of in it. The last song, “Keep on Singin My Song,” is the like the new theme for my life:

“I woke up this morning with a smile on my face
And nobody’s gonna bring me down today
Been feeling like nothing’s been going my way lately
But I decided right here, right now, that my outlook’s gonna change
That’s why I’m gonna
Say goodbye to all the tears I’ve cried every time somebody hurt my pride
Feelin like they won’t let me live life, and take the time to look at what is mine…..

That’s just the beginning, the whole song is just so wonderful; it makes you want to go out and fight the good fight, change your life for the better, save the rain forest, run for President, fight an army, fall in Love. It’s just THAT good!

Ok, now that I’m done worshiping Christina, let me explain what happened yesterday. Brandon and Miguel’s day. Well I went to the College Park train station to pick him up. He lives in Decatur, both we both agreed that we wanted to drive up to Lenox together. So I picked him up around 1:35. It was out first meeting in person so we were both a little shy at first. We got in the car and went off to Lenox. Our conversation was good on the way up to Lenox, it was still a bit forced and shy, but we were slowly becoming more comfortable with each other. We decided to visit Phipps first. We went in looked around, talked some more. I saw Emily there! By now we were laughing and have a wonderful time. It was that time, time to EAT! We went to Lenox to eat at this place called, “The Clubhouse.” We saw this old, white, Buckhead socialite eating lunch with her husband. It was quite a site to see. Imagine Karen Walker from ‘Will & Grace’ with about thirty more years, yeah, it was a bit gross. She had on all this makeup, and…. Sorry, getting off subject. But during lunch we talked about our family histories and such. It was very interesting to hear about his families past and such. We then went and looked around Lenox, that’s where I bought the Christina CD. Good move! SO we left there, neither of us wanted the day to end, so he came up with the idea of going to Outwrite Books downtown. So we made the trek down there and actually found it! We went in and looked at some books and made more jokes. We left there and then went to Decatur to go and see some of Brandon’s friends at his job. After that we went up to Roswell to the Starbucks on Mansell. Sitting there for about an hour we saw lots of people from my old high school. (I LOVE saying that, my old high school!) We got in the car and neither of us wanted to end the day. So I took us to my old high school. By this time the sun was setting and it was a wonderful view from where we were. We sat on the bleachers of the baseball field and talked. It was so peaceful and amazing. AH!! I can’t wait until our next outing! YAY, finally, some goodness!