Saturday, July 19, 2003

Things are looking up. For once, it seems that everything is coming together to make for a great couple of weeks.

First, I’m going to college. I think anyone who is leaving for school next month for the first time and attest to the happiness and just pure elation that the thought of college brings. Ah! I can’t wait.

Second, my 18th birthday is next month (August 22nd, 2003!), what else can I say, I turn 18!

Thirdly, I’ve met a wonderful person, his name is Brandon. Last night we talked on the phone for first time. We started talking at 11 something at night, and didn’t get off the phone until about 2:30 A.M. During those hours we talked about everything. We found out we had A LOT in common. When I say we have a lot in common, I really mean we share SO many interests it makes you want to starch your head. We both are BIG Bert Show fans (Q100!), HUGE, I mean HUGE Buffy and Angel fans, big Real World Fans, big Jason Mraz and Maroon 5 fans…. So much. It’s so cool. And he just seems like a really cool person who isn’t caught up with something weird or whatever. He seems like a cool down-to-earth person. I’m SO excited about this. I think this will be a long friendship, and somewhere down the road a great relationship. I don’t want to rush anything, I want it to all happen organically.

Fourthly, my job is wonderful. All the people I work with are just so nice and intelligent. It’s been very cool getting to know all these new people. Finding out about their life stories and opinions has been really interesting. We have all grown really close.

And finally, I might be purchasing a car really soon. A gentleman at my church who owns a car dealership has offered me a 2001 car for only $3,500. Today at church I gave letters out to people who I thought who might be able to help me out. I think I may get the money to purchase the car. I hope I get it!

So life looks pretty good right now. I have my usual rough patches, but everything seems to be coming together nicely! YAY! Let’s just hope life continues to be this good.