Saturday, January 25, 2003

This weekend has been very interesting. On Thursday morning I woke up to 15-degree weather. To some people in the U.S. that’s nothing. But when it reaches 35 degrees people in Georgia start to scream. You can’t imagine (or maybe you can) how cold we were acting on Thursday morning. I was at my friends Jon’s house to be at the school early, I’m saying 5:30A.M. early. Jon and I are apart of our school’s Chorus program and we were headed to Savannah, Georgia to sing at this big convention. We were gone from Thursday morning, EARLY morning, to today, Saturday evening. The drive down was uneventful, most people were to sleepily to talk, some were to excited that all they could do was talk. We watched “Spiderman.” This was the first time I had ever seen this movie. It’s really bad. The visual effects are good, but that dialogue is horrible. We arrived and did some mindless activities. Savannah is a pretty town, but it smells, really bad! Later that night we went and saw some other choirs perform, they were kind of boring. After that we had time on River Street to do what ever we wanted. I went out to eat with Ryan, Dana, Matt, Jessica, Shannon, Sam, Katie, and Mallory. It was fun. Dana and Ryan are together, but to throw Ryan off at dinner Dana and I acted like we were together. It was so much fun. We even staged a fake kiss at the table with his video camera. After that I went back to the hotel room, talked to some people and crashed. The next morning we performed, had some free time on River Street again and then we all went out together to eat dinner. The place was supposed to be nice but turned out to be this hole in the wall. We still had so much fun while there. After wards we went back to the hotel and reeked havoc on the hotel. I went and got in the hot tub. I think that’s why I’m getting sick now. It was too cold outside. I went around and hung out with different people that night. After bed check my roommates and I sat up and talked. I learned A LOT about some people. I can’t say who or what, but I found out some VERY interesting facts about the people that I was rooming with. We talked until 4 this morning. Then we went to sleep, woke up like four hours later and we did some stuff I don’t remember and now I’m home. So that was my time in Savannah. It was fun; I got to learn a lot of things about people that I’ve known for a long time. I actually got to sit down with them and have intelligent conversations. I also told a lot of people about my sexual preference. It was really fun trip.